ECCO Women’s Biom Hybrid Sport Golf Shoe Review
Look up the word hybrid in a good old dictionary (a laptop thesaurus just doesn’t have the same rustling pages for my liking), and the definition states that a hybrid is something that’s made different by combining two things. Aha, so that’s what ECCO are alluding to with their ECCO Women’s Biom Hybrid Sport Golf Shoe?
So, what two things combine to make this shoe something else? All is revealed as soon as I remove the new footwear from its box. The shoes have no spikes for a start – is it a golf shoe? It is a sport shoe? Well, fellow golf enthusiasts I do believe it is both – after all we have hybrid golf clubs, why not something a little different for our feet too? Let’s find out if the shoe fits, shall we?
Who Are ECCO Women’s Biom Hybrid Sport Golf Shoes For?
The ECCO Women’s Biom Hybrid Sport Golf Shoes are for golfers that have a thing for performance, but want to embrace that casual style. The manufacturers aren’t shy to showcase the ECCO’s as golf’s first pair of hybrid performance shoes, and the spike-less soles imply these can be worn for leisure as well as a round on the golf course. I’ve asked around and it appears that this type of multi-tasking shoe is gaining popularity amongst the golfing crowd.
What Features Do ECCO Women’s Biom Hybrid Sport Golf Shoes Have?
The main feature has to be the shoe’s ECCO dynamic traction system (known as E-dts). This design does away with traditional spikes in favour of E-dts, but still provides the traction and stability you crave as you swing. Aside from the practicalities ECCO Women’s Biom Hybrid Sport Golf Shoes also look pretty good, and are well-made (using leather and textile).
What Can ECCO Women’s Biom Hybrid Sport Golf Shoes Do for My Game?
Feeling comfortable can make all the difference, no-one wants to be worrying about their feet whilst trying to play the perfect shot.
With their flexible mid-sole arch, the ECCO shoe molds to the shape of your foot, these shoes feel more like a typical sports shoe than a golf shoe.
What Are the Pros of ECCO Women’s Biom Hybrid Sport Golf Shoes?
Let’s have a quick run through on what we like about the ECCO Women’s Biom Hybrid Sport Golf Shoes:
- Affordable –I would love to have an endless budget to blow every month of my golfing habit, but alas that’s not the case. Luckily these ECCO’s won’t break the bank.
- Versatile – There’s no argument over the versatility of these sport/golf shoes. They can be worn on the golf course, and just as easily off. In fact, I finished my round then popped to the 19th hole still wearing them (I usually change my shoes after a game, but these were so comfy I didn’t even think about it).
- Durable – ECCO have used the latest technological developments to enhance their shoe – uniting the design of the non-cleated sole with the body’s ability to absorb impact. This makes the ECCO Biom Hybrid Sport Shoe very
- Striking Design – We like reflective panels and contrasting laces, they add interest to the shoe, and we like something a bit different.
- Comfortable – We’ve touched on this above, these shoes are definitely designed with comfort in mind, you can walk for miles in them!
- Environmentally Friendly – ECCO own and manage factories all over Asia and Europe, and produce the leather that’s used to manufacture their shoes. The company like to let consumers know that they take every possible measure to protect the environment during the manufacturing process.
What Are the Cons of ECCO Women’s Biom Hybrid Sport Golf Shoes?
Nothing is 100% perfect, and whilst these shoes certainly fit the bill in terms of meeting your golfing needs, I wouldn’t be doing my job if I didn’t point out a couple of small issues.
- The ECCO Women’s Biom Hybrid Sport Golf Shoe comes in only a handful of designs, we would like to see a few more options relating to colour and style.
- In the main these ECCO Sport Golf Shoes are very comfy, just a mention that this arch is quite firm (which suits my feet), but you know what’s comfy for you.
- Golfing traditionalists might not be keen on the overall concept. If you like your spikes you might not want to try these – but we say give them a go, you might be surprised!
- These are quite tight fitting, I sometimes insert an orthotic insole into my shoes, but didn’t – as I felt it would have been too tricky to remove the insole.
ECCO Women’s Biom Hybrid Sport Golf Shoes – Bogey or Birdie?
I’ll be honest, I’ve never really considered a hybrid sport/golf shoe until now, probably because I have never thought of golf shoes as particularly comfy. But I have to give these hybrid shoes credit, they are very easy to wear. A definite Birdie!
Fancy Trying Out ECCO Women’s Biom Hybrid Sport Golf Shoes for Yourself?
A pair of ECCO Women’s Biom Hybrid Sport Golf Shoes could be the ideal purchase for you if you are seeking comfort, performance and a good-looking shoe. Why not check out the designs and features for yourself?
Madison, a 2016 graduate of Cleveland State University with a degree in journalism, played on the university’s Division I women’s golf team.
Earliest golf memory?
At around 8 years old, I was hanging out with my dad at work, who was a golf instructor at Tierra Rejada Golf Club. He was giving a lesson to the Fresh Prince himself: Will Smith.
Who inspired you to play?
My dad put a putter in my hands at 2 years old, and taught me everything I know. But when I saw Annika Sorenstam on TV for the first time, jumping into Poppy’s Pond, that was it. I wanted to be the next Annika.