Skechers Women’s Go Golf Birdie Golf Shoe Review
Ok, so I’m no Brooke Henderson on the golf course – credit where credit is due, she was named Canadian Press female athlete of the year in 2015, 2017 and 2018 and has an impressive list of LPGA wins under her golf visor. Me? I’m more of a leisurely golfer, I amble round the course more for fun than for a decent par. But that doesn’t mean I don’t want a decent set of golf shoes to adorn my size 5’s as I step out on the fairway.
So, what do we want from our golf shoes? Style? Comfort? Performance? Or a mix of all three? Price surely has to be factored in too. I opt to try out a pair of Skechers Women’s Go Golf Birdie Golf Shoes – if they are good enough for Ms. Henderson then surely, they’re good enough for me? Let’s find out…
Who Are Skechers Women’s Go Golf Birdie Golf Shoes For?
These Skechers come in a whole host of designs (there are sixteen to choose from), from pared back black and white to the rather wild and exotic Go Golf Birdie Tropic, so there should be a design to suit. Billed as equally good for beginners, all the way through to advanced golfers (personally I’m nearer the beginner end of the scale), these should be fine for me. The shoes are affordable, and versatile (good for walking as well as golfing), which sounds great – as I’m a fan of getting my money’s worth.
What Features Do Skechers Women’s Go Golf Birdie Shoes Have?
Skechers Go Gold Birdie Shoes boast plenty of features. We’re talking comfy shoes, that are breathable and very versatile. There’s a padded collar and tongue, and soft lining, not to mention memory foam insoles to keep your golfing feet sweet.
What Can Skechers Women’s Go Golf Birdie Golf Shoes Do for My Game?
Personally, I like a lightweight shoe that provides good traction, these Skechers certainly do that (they are based on Skechers GO walk 4 comfort). These shoes are spike-less, instead they have a TPU grip outsole which provides the turf traction that helps you to stay sure-footed.
What Are the Pros of Skechers Women’s Go Golf Birdie Golf Shoes?
Let’s check out the stuff we really like about Skechers Women’s Go Golf Birdie Golf Shoes:
- Comfortable – Comfort comes as standard – the Skechers Go Golf Birdie Shoes have a Skechers Goga Max insole for exceptional cushioning and support.
- Versatile – This is a versatile golf shoe, the sole is designed to compliment your game on the golf course, but you can easily wear these shoes for a stroll through the park. We like a multi-tasking shoe!
- Supportive – Skechers provide stability and support. They have synthetic overlays which help keep you steady and also a synthetic heel overlay stabilising panel, which helps you to maintain your footing as you swing. Add to this the TPU outsole with Goga Max (with traction lugs) for strength and extra stability, and you start to understand why these golf shoes are deemed useful in helping golfers stand firm whilst they take a shot.
- Cute designs – with so many designs to choose from you’re spoilt for choice! Navy and pink, blue and charcoal, navy and mint tropic – maybe buy a couple of pairs so you can mix it up a little?
- Affordable – I’m not going to be winning any prize money for my golfing any time soon, so can’t pay the earth for a decent pair of golf shoes – these suit my budget.
- Responsive – These skechers have responsive 5GEN cushioning midsole.
What Are the Cons of Skechers Women’s Go Golf Birdie Golf Shoes?
There are a few things we feel the need to point out if you are thinking about purchasing a pair of Skechers Women’s Go Golf Birdie Golf Shoes:
- Skechers Golf Shoes are water resistant (they are described as having a H20 shield), but they are not waterproof.
- The fabric mesh might get a little dirty.
- low cut in the ankle area (some may prefer more support)
- This brand of Skechers seems to run a little small, so you might find your regular size a little on the snug side.
Skechers Women’s Go Golf Birdie Golf Shoes – Bogey or Birdie?
After trying out the Skechers Women’s Go Golf Birdie Golf Shoes for myself, I’m pleased to report they come in under par! I like the comfort factor of these shoes – the insole is super soft, and the fact that they are so lightweight makes them very easy to wear.
Fancy Trying Out Skechers Women’s Go Golf Birdie Golf Shoes for Yourself?
Check out the many designs and features on offer, maybe a pair of Skechers Women’s Go Golf Birdie Shoes could be just the thing to help you improve your game? When you’re done on the green these shoes are so versatile you can go for a bracing walk afterwards.
Madison, a 2016 graduate of Cleveland State University with a degree in journalism, played on the university’s Division I women’s golf team.
Earliest golf memory?
At around 8 years old, I was hanging out with my dad at work, who was a golf instructor at Tierra Rejada Golf Club. He was giving a lesson to the Fresh Prince himself: Will Smith.
Who inspired you to play?
My dad put a putter in my hands at 2 years old, and taught me everything I know. But when I saw Annika Sorenstam on TV for the first time, jumping into Poppy’s Pond, that was it. I wanted to be the next Annika.