PowaKaddy FX GPS Electric Golf Caddy Review
Owning a lightweight golf caddy that also gives you a computerised update about your game is essential. Fortunately, you get value for money with the PowaKaddy FX GPS. This golf caddy is brimming with extra features for the avid golfer.
As we look at the various features of the caddy, we focussed on stability of the bag, ease of operation and functionality. To find out more about the FX GPS electric golf caddy we’ve provided an extensive review below. Keep reading to find out if this is the right tool you need to optimize your golf game!
For those of you who like a quick summary, here are some of the most outstanding features of the trolley:
- Bags can often twist around when walking, but the PowaKaddy Dri-Tech cart bag remains firm due to its keylock base.
- The high-performance GPS with Bluetooth gives you the ability to navigate easily around the golf course, on any of the 40, 000 preloaded golf courses around the world. You get all this without any extra cost.
- The one-click folding system, which folds 20% smaller than the PowaKaddy predecessors.
- The touchscreen is 3.5”and has high visibility with full color PCAP TFT. The touchscreen LCD gives accurate distances to any point on the green, with hazards, drop-flag technology and score card tracking.
- The lightweight nature of the trolley makes it easy to travel with your clubs. Weighing only 19.84lbs, it would be difficult to find a trolley that’s as light as this.
The heavy, clunky electric caddies are a thing of the past because the PowaKaddy FX GPS is an extraordinarily light trolley. Although it’s lightweight and easy to pull the caddy has incredible stability. This is because it has two wheels at the back and one in the front. The caddy moves smoothly across grass, sand and concrete so it doesn’t restrict manoeuvrability.
You’ll appreciate that the PowaKaddy FX GPS has all the features you need to make your golf day more enjoyable. There’s no need to lug around a bag on your shoulder any longer. In this section, we’ve provided more details on this caddy’s key features.
The battery is outstanding, and deserves a section of its own.
The Lithium 30v Max™ battery and motor system enables the caddy to be efficient. The battery is the thinnest, lightest and most powerful on the market, and the Second-Generation Plug ‘n’ Play™ battery system features a top-mounted, easy-access on/off switch. It has a simple battery release latch and it’s 40% lighter than previous generations of the PowaKaddy FX, while maintaining 100% power for longer.
There are no connection wires, so the battery can quickly slot in place. Additionally, the battery can remain in place when the trolley is folded away.
The new nickel cobalt manganese lithium battery gives 20 % more power, through the drive train, which is almost completely silent.
What’s more, inside the battery is a Battery Management System which protects the battery and trolley, thus ensuring a longer life-span.
Touch Screen Control
The screen can be seen under any light conditions. You can adjust the brightness and contrast, and can operate the touch screen even with golfing gloves on. It’s almost as responsive as a smartphone screen. The menu is easy to use, and very accessible. The only difficulty is the double touch feature to select, which can be frustrating for impatient golfers.
There is a list of features on the menu that are highly desirable. You can track your performance such as stroke index and par and measure the distance to the hole, as well as any point on the green. The measurements are surprisingly accurate.
The frame adds to the lightweight features of the trolley, along with stability and longevity. It’s designed in a sleek, minimalistic style, which offers a futuristic, high-quality look. It gives optimum ground clearance. In fact, the PowaKaddy FX GPS looks are said to be among its best features.
List of Other Key Features:
- Automatically locates your course on the GPS
- Auto advance from hole-to-hole
- Drop Flag technology for exact distance to hole
- Accurate distances to all points of the green
- Measures shot distances
- Scorecard tracks your performance history
- Preloaded with over 40,000 golf courses
- Bluetooth Connected App for iOS and Android permits quick golf course updates
- No annual fees or subscriptions
- Available with optional Electronic Braking System (EBS™)
- Improved speed control
- 230-watt motor gives power for all types of terrain
- Automatic calorie counter
- Speed display: switch between kph and mph
- Competition mode: removes features banned in competitions
- Height-adjustable handle
How Much Does it Cost?
The price of a Powacaddy FX GPS isn’t cheap. It comes in at the more expensive end off the range, at around $1600. However, you are getting exceptional quality for your money.
Pros and cons of the PowaKaddy FX GPS
- Extremely lightweight
- Battery gives improved performance
- Ease of manoeuvrability
- LCD touch screen is easy to use, even with gloves
- PowaKaddy bag stays secure over any terrain
- GPS contains a large number of worldwide golf courses
- Can track your scores
- Compact when folded
- Design is sleek
- Front wheel has to be assembled before starting for the first time
- Handle is difficult to remove
- You can’t use bags other than the PowaKaddy bag
- Could have a handle to transport from car to course
The superb quality of the PowaKaddy FX GPS is only second to its usability-features.
This futuristic trolley enables you to level up your game through measuring distance, and allows you to view the course. Not only does it keep track of your performance, but you can work out some health indices too.
It is really the next-generation caddy—better than anything else out there. It’s worth paying a higher price for the premium features which come standard with the PowaKaddy FX GPS caddy.