PowaKaddy DLX-Lite FF Push Trolley Review
PowaKaddy is well-known for their automatic golf trolleys. But today we are going to be sharing with you our testing experience of the PowaKaddy DLX-Lite FF Push Trolley – a golf trolley with no automatic features at all.
What this trolley lacks in automation it makes up for, first and foremost, in compact design. Will the PowaKaddy DLX-Lite FF Push Trolley be the right golf trolley for you? Find out in our review!
The first thing we noticed about this trolley was how light it was. At just under 15 pounds, it’s one of the lightest PowaKaddy golf trolleys we have ever tested.
The PowaKaddy DLX-Lite FF Push Trolley is made from lightweight yet durable aluminum. The frame is made of aluminum which helps keep the overall weight just under 15 pounds. We were also very impressed with the smart design of this golf trolley.
When folded, the PowaKaddy DLX-Lite FF Push Trolley is only 27 inches tall, 23 inches wide and only 7 inches deep! This thing folds up small enough to fit in the crowded trunk of a sedan or even in your golf locker.
And that’s really the point of this trolley. In case you were wondering, the “FF” in PowaKaddy DLX-Lite FF Push Trolley stands for fast folding. And it really folds down to a size compact enough for incredibly easy storage and transportation.
We were also very impressed with how easy and intuitive it was to unfold this trolley. The two rear wheels fold flat with the chassis and when you pull the chassis up to unfold the cart, the wheels fold out into place on their own.
The main handle clicks into place with a simple pull and the front wheel also locks into place when folded out. Very easy, very intuitive, just about 3 simple steps and just about half a minute to have the whole cart unfolded and ready to go.
The PowaKaddy DLX-Lite FF Push Trolley comes in a gunmetal/yellow or gunmetal/red finish. We tested the gunmetal/yellow version and it looked really sharp. The wheels are nice and large which makes for very easy traversing of all kinds of terrain.
While the PowaKaddy DLX-Lite FF Push Trolley may lack a lot of automated features, it has pretty much everything you need to play a comfortable, enjoyable round of golf including:
- Umbrella Holder – To shield you from the sun and rain, the PowaKaddy DLX-Lite FF Push Trolley has an umbrella holder base.
- Drink Holder – The PowaKaddy DLX-Lite FF Push Trolley features a single drink holder perfect for 12 ounce aluminum cans.
- Adjustable Handle – The height of the handle can be adjusted and features a comfortable foam rubber lining.
- Multi-Purpose Front Panel – The front panel has a scorecard holder and a dedicated, soft-lined compartment for your phone.
- Foot Break – The rear wheel features a break that can be engaged just by stepping on a small piece of gray plastic.
- Adjustable Bag Straps – The PowaKaddy DLX-Lite FF Push Trolley holds your bag securely in place whether you are using a cart bag or a hybrid carry bag.
- Pencil Holder – For all you analog fans out there, the PowaKaddy DLX-Lite FF Push Trolley has a space for your pens and pencils.
- Key Lock System – The PowaKaddy DLX-Lite FF Push Trolley keeps your bag in place with a special key lock system.
- Flat Folding Position – All 3 wheels on this cart fold flat (parallel) to the chassis.
How Does it Perform?
One thing that we really liked about the PowaKaddy DLX-Lite FF Push Trolley was that the rear wheels set a good distance apart from one another. This gives it a nice wide stance and good stability for when you are on uneven terrain.
The PowaKaddy DLX-Lite FF Push Trolley holds your bag in place very well thanks to the adjustable straps and the key lock system which prevents your bag from twisting in the cart. The wheels are large too but we wish they had better tread.
The wheels of this cart area nearly smooth and you can sort of feel a bit of slipping when you are pushing over softer and shorter grass. But we were able to overlook that in light of the fact that the PowaKaddy DLX-Lite FF Push Trolley is so simple to fold and unfold.
You won’t have to fumble around with the PowaKaddy DLX-Lite FF Push Trolley and waste precious time that you could be spending out on the links.
- It’s very easy to fold and unfold
- Folds very flat and is easy to store
- Lightweight design
- Includes drink holder
- Handle height can be adjusted
- It can handle heavy bags
- The foot break is a bit flimsy
- The wheels could use more aggressive tread
- Limited storage for accessories
- No automated features
Overall Score: 95/100
Check Out More Reviews Here:
Other Carts to Consider
- PowaKaddy CT8 – The CT8 is a proper electric caddy that can be set to move ahead of you a distance anywhere from 5 to 50 feet. It also has an integrated golf GPS device that automatically detects which course you are on and will give you distances to the front, back and middle of the green.
- CaddyTek 3 Wheel Golf Push Cart – The CaddyTek 3 Wheel Golf Push Cart provides a wide 31 inch stance so it is very stable even on inclines and with heavy bags. It also has an aluminum frame and weighs 18.5 pounds. The adjustable handle has a mesh storage pouch for accessories and essentials and an umbrella holder.
- KVV 3 Wheel Golf Push Cart – At just over 13 pounds, the KVV 3 Wheel Golf Push Cart is an incredibly light and durable golf push cart. The wheels are offset so you get good stability and maneuverability on all kinds of terrain. This is a 3-wheel push cart that also features an umbrella holder and foot brake.